This week I had the opportunity to spend some time with Paul Spain from Gorilla HQ, talking a little about the story of FixHR. The podcast site is NZ Sales and Marketing Insider, and while we don’t focus on either of these topics with our clients and followers, without hitting the mark with these critical elements of business growth, there’s usually no need for any HR.
So we thought we would provide a link here and give you the opportunity to take a listen. If there is anything of particular value, feel free to drop us a line. As always, we are here to help, and if it would be useful to include these kinds of resources from time to time, we will be pleased to continue doing so as opportunities arise.
In this podcast we talk about:
- The nature of a persuader – sales skills training starts remarkably early
- Sales management and what to focus on – quantity or quality
- “People-pleasing” and sales – the Kiwi challenge of wanting to be a likeable salesperson
- Numbers vs relationships – is there a winning balance?
- Sales scripts vs free-flow conversations in a New Zealand context
- Is cold-calling dead?
- Processes chasing sales rather than risking sales lagging behind processes
One of the things that has helped FixHR grow has been an awareness that just as we are an outsource for our clients, we need to engage outsources from time to time. Sales support and coaching has been one of these areas. If you have a service or product you struggle to get in front of your perspective clients or customers, consider who you now who is succeeding in business. Start asking them questions: how do they make opportunities to get in front of prospects? How much is digital excellence and support, and how much is face to face and solution finding? Who have they leaned on for expertise and support? Where would they suggest YOU start? One step in the right direction is a start, and the first step is usually the hardest.
We hope you enjoy the podcast.